Friday, February 23, 2007

Into the Wilderness

This is the first time I've been on the www since arriving in Christchurch a couple days ago, and as I am just passing through a small town called Motueka, I will be brief. Jake and I are on our way to Abel Tasman National Park on the northern coast of the South Island, where we'll spend two nights hiking and sleeping on the beach. Should be very beautiful, and I am pretty excited.

We spent yesterday driving north along the east coast through rain and grey skies, but made the most of the day by stopping to sample a couple wineries and having a great dinner of Green Shell Mussels in the Green Shell Mussel capitol of the world: Havelock. We had no lodging reservation and things got a bit dodgy, but we eventually found a small campground outside of Richmond and all was well.

My two days in Christchurch were fun and the weather has been great, aside from the rain yesterday. I'll post more when I have more time and will definitely get some cool pictures up here very soon.

No comments: