Friday, February 16, 2007

Not the Start I was hoping for...


So my day was supposed to go like this:
Wake up
Eat breakfast with Anthony and Tricia in Boston around 9:30
Back to the B.A.D. to pack
Leave for airport around noon
2:30 PM flight to Philly on US Air
land in Philly 4:00 PM
Flight to San Fran at 5:30 PM
Get picked up by Dave in San Fran at 9PM PST.

Well, I got to the airport on time and then all hell broke loose! My flight was already delayed 2 hours when I got here, basically meaning that I wasn't making my connecting flight but still giving me a fighting chance if I ran. I chose not to check my luggage envisioning a sprint through the Philly airport to barely make my connecting flight. Of course the 3:30 PM flight to Philly was on time and left at 3:30 PM, leaving me sitting here still waiting.

I checked in with the less than helpful US Air people and was told there was no way I was getting on a new flight to Philly and that the SF flight would not be waiting. I was also told that if I didn't leave tonight to Philly I wasn't "going to make it to San Francisco before Tuesday". Well, thats just great!

So, now it is 5PM and we just got word that our plane took off from Philly and we will be boarding around 6:15 PM, only 45 minutes after my connecting flight from Philly is scheduled to leave. One person clapped, and at least that clapping made me smile.

If anyone has any friends in the Philly area that might want to pick me up from the airport, put me up for the night and then drive me back to the airport tomorrow, let me know. That would be pretty sweet.

No comments: